Two nations spanning Europe
British Georgian Society (BGS) aims to bring closer together people in Great Britain and Georgia and develop greater understanding by providing a platform for events in interesting venues on a wide range of Georgia-related subjects such as art, film, music, culture, archaeology, history and contemporary events. Since it started in 2004, BGS has established very firm links with the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the Georgian Embassy in the UK and has strong connections in the diplomatic, cultural and business fields.
If you are interested in finding out more about one of the World’s most fascinating and beautiful countries, full of ancient wonder and contemporary contradictions, famous as the cradle of wine and the home of the Golden Fleece, please join BGS and come to one of our events.
- Annual General Meeting and talk by Professor Thomas Wier 23 February 2023
- 6th London Georgian Film Festival 30th September – 5th October 2022
- Taming The Garden მოთვინიერება in UK Cinemas and On Demand from 28th January 2022
- Tushetian kilims at the HALI Fair Online – 25 June 2021
- Cambridge Seminar “Georgia 1991-2021: Thirty Years of Independence” 25 June 14:00 BST